Joe Biden’s Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm warned that if Republicans don’t compromise on his multi-trillion dollar so-called “infrastructure” package, that Democrats will force it through anyway.
CNN anchor Jake Tapper asked Granholm on Sunday if Biden and Senate Democrats have reservations passing a massive bill without any Republican support.
“My question is, the coronavirus relief package passed the House and Senate with zero Republican votes. Ultimately, looking at this bill, I am wondering if that would be okay with you and President Biden again to have a bill pass with zero Republican votes?” he asked on “State of the Union.”
“Honestly, Jake, the vast majority of this bill includes things that Republicans are supporting, like roads and bridges spending, like broadband, like water, like manufacturing supply chains. These are all things that Republicans have actually introduced bills on. So come to the table. We want to make it bipartisan,” Granholm said.
“You know, ultimately, if that doesn’t happen, he is elected to do the job to win the future for America to invest in our future. We hope Republicans can join their constituents across the country, ultimately supporting this effort.”
Tapper pressed again if Democrats were willing to use reconciliation rules to force through the $2.9 trillion “infrastructure” spending package without Republican support.
“Ultimately, if you don’t get Republican support, you are willing to pass this using reconciliation rules, meaning only 50 Democratic votes and Vice President Harris casting the tie-breaking vote, you are willing to do that?” he asked.
Granholm answered that Biden would bypass Republicans if he had to.
“Well, you know, as he has said, he was sent to the presidency to do a job for America. And if the vast majority of Americans, Democrats, and Republicans across the country, support spending on our country and not allowing us to lose the race globally, then he’s going to do that,” she said.
“However, his sincere preference, his open hand, is to Republicans to come to the table and say, if you don’t like this, how would you pay for this? If you don’t like there, what would you include? So much of this bill includes priorities that Republicans have supported. So I hope that Democrats and Republicans can be on the final vote yes on this bill on this.”
Republicans won’t support Biden’s $2.9 trillion spending package because only about 5% actually addresses infrastructure, while the other 95% appears to contain a myriad of far-left climate proposals and gun control measures.
“Joe Biden’s radical plan to implement the largest tax hike in American history is a massive giveaway to China, and many other countries, that will send thousands of factories, millions of jobs, and trillions of dollars to these competitive Nations,” President Trump wrote in a statement last week blasting the proposal.
“The Biden plan will crush American workers and decimate U.S. manufacturing, while giving special tax privileges to outsourcers, foreign and giant multinational corporations.”
“This tax hike is a classic globalist betrayal by Joe Biden and his friends: the lobbyists will win, the special interests will win, China will win, the Washington politicians and government bureaucrats will win — but hardworking American families will lose,” he added.
Alex Jones breaks down Biden’s plan to destroy ‘racist’ highways while China moves to administer a global tracking system with the help of the UN.