Political editor Steve Scully, who was scheduled to moderate the next presidential debate, has been suspended from C-SPAN indefinitely after he admitted to lying about his Twitter account being hacked, according to reports.
After being called a “never Trumper” by the president on Twitter last week, Scully tweeted former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci if he should “respond to Trump.”
Shortly after the controversy from said tweet, Scully claimed his Twitter account had been “hacked.”
“I falsely claimed that my Twitter account had been hacked,” confessed Scully Wednesday. “I apologize.”
“I ask for their [C-SPAN colleagues, fellow news professionals and the debate commission] forgiveness as I try to move forward in a moment of reflection and disappointment in myself.”
The network slammed the 30-year C-SPAN veteran for his “serious mistake.”
“He understands that he made a serious mistake,” said C-SPAN. “We were very saddened by this news and do not condone his actions.”
President Trump has since praised the decision and touted his “instincts” for being able to spot unfair treatment from the debate commission.
The selection of Scully was indeed questionable, given that he previously interned for Joe Biden and even bashed Trump on social media.
Now, due to the second debate being canceled, mainstream media networks are hosting separate town halls for Joe Biden and President Donald Trump.
Infowars will be covering both events in a Dueling Battle of Town Halls: Trump Vs. Biden special broadcast, hosted by Deanna Lorraine, Owen Shroyer, and Harrison Smith.
Carlos Zapata joins The Alex Jones Show to break down how to avoid a civil war.