President-elect Joe Biden unveiled a coronavirus plan Thursday that he claims will turn the tide on the pandemic, speeding up the vaccine rollout, and providing financial help to individuals, states, and local governments and businesses struggling with the prolonged economic fallout.
The proposal reflects the priorities of Democrats, spending more money on aiding state governments, schools, and colleges than stimulus payments to individuals. It also includes a minimum wage hike, a measure sought by Democrats long before the pandemic struck.
The proposal includes:
- $350 billion in state and local government aid
- $170 billion for K-12 schools and institutions of higher education
- Direct payments of $1,400 to most Americans, costing around $320 billion according to a Breitbart News’ estimate
- Enhanced unemployment benefits increasing payments by $400 per week through the end of September
- $50 billion for Covid-19 testing
- $20 billion toward a national vaccine program
- Raising the Child Tax Credit to $3,000 per child and making it fully refundable for 2021
The non-spending proposals include:
- Hiking the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour
- Extending the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums until the end of September
- Extended family leave
Called the “American Rescue Plan,” it would amount to $1.9 trillion in spending. Despite the massive cost, the plan does not focus on creating jobs or set aside money for building American infrastructure.
Owen breaks down the treasonous Democrats evil unconstitutional actions as they steal our country right before our eyes.