Murdered Uvalde Teacher Called Cop Husband During Massacre, He Tried to Help But Was Detained

"We got an officer whose wife called him and said she'd been shot and she's dying... He was detained, and they took his gun away from him and escorted him off the scene."

Image Credits:

The husband of a Robb Elementary school teacher who died during the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, reportedly responded to her phone call for help, only to be detained by officers on the scene.

The incident was discussed during a Texas Senate hearing Tuesday, where lawmakers heard from Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw that the husband of slain teacher Eva Mireles, school resource officer Ruben Ruiz, was blocked from saving his dying wife.

“We got an officer whose wife called him and said she’d been shot and she’s dying,” McCraw said. “He tried to move forward into the hallway. He was detained, and they took his gun away from him and escorted him off the scene.”

McCraw also chastised Uvalde police and school police chief Pete Arredondo for the botched operation and for failing to act in a timely manner to save helpless children from being gunned down during the rampage.

“There is compelling evidence that the law enforcement response to the attack at Robb Elementary was an abject failure, and antithetical to everything we’ve learned over the last two decades since the Columbine Massacre,” McCraw said.

“Three minutes after the subject entered the west hallway, there was sufficient number of armed officers wearing body armor, to isolate distract and neutralize the subject,” he said.

“The only thing stopping a hallway of dedicated officers from entering room 111 and 112 was the on-scene commander, who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children,” McCraw said. “The officers had weapons – the children had none. The officers had body armor – the children had none.”

McCraw’s testimony came as new images surfaced from school surveillance cameras showing police officers with ballistic shields and rifles waited over 58 minutes to enter the classroom room where 18-year-old Salvador Ramos was shooting children.

The new developments also come as calls grow for Uvalde police to release body cam footage so the public can learn the full scope of what really happened that day.

Watch McCraw’s testimony in full:

Alex Jones Admits He Was Wrong About Uvalde Shooting