Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has declared an invasion on his state’s Southern border and has invoked special powers from the U.S. and Texas constitutions to stop the catastrophic surge of illegals entering from Mexico.
“I invoked the Invasion Clauses of the U.S. & Texas Constitutions to fully authorize Texas to take unprecedented measures to defend our state against an invasion,” said Abbott in a Tuesday statement. “I’m using that constitutional authority, & other authorization & Executive Orders to keep our state & country safe.”
Abbot went on to list his so-called “unprecedented” measures:
- Deploy the National Guard to safeguard our border and to repel and turn back immigrants trying to cross the border illegally.
- Deploy the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to arrest and return to the border immigrants who crossed illegally & DPS to arrest illegal immigrants for criminal activity.
- Build a border wall in multiple counties on the border.
- Deploy gun boats to secure the border.
- Designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations.
- Enter into a compact with other states to secure the border.
- Enter into agreements with foreign powers to enhance border security.
- Provide resources for border counties to increase their efforts to respond to the border invasion.
Full statement below:
Infowars has long chronicled America’s ongoing migrant crisis. October ALONE saw a staggering 300,000 “gotaways,” according to Rep. Dan Bishop.
Earlier this week on Monday, Abbot slammed President Biden over the issue in a letter titled “Defending Texas Against Invasion.”
“President Biden has abandoned his responsibility to enforce immigration laws, and Congress has refused to hold the President accountable and has abandoned its own responsibility to use the immigration power given to it in Article I, § 8 of the U.S. Constitution,” wrote Abbot. “Just two years ago, we had the fewest illegal crossings in decades.
“This past year under President Biden, an all-time record was set for the number of immigrants crossing the border illegally.”
Abbot’s full letter can be read HERE.