Former President Donald Trump released a plan on Tuesday to “dismantle the Deep State” and restore power to the American people.
Trump said his “bold plan” aims to fire “rogue bureaucrats and career politicians” and target government corruption to “reclaim our democracy from Washington corruption once and for all.”
The plan, part of his Agenda47 proposals, will also end the ongoing weaponization of the justice system that targets its political enemies over political or religious beliefs.
“The departments and agencies that have been weaponized will be completely overhauled so that faceless bureaucrats will never again be able to target and persecute conservatives, Christians, or the left’s political enemies,” Trump said.
Trump also said he will establish a “Truth and Reconciliation Commission to declassify and publish all documents on Deep State spying, censorship, and corruption.”
In sum, Trump’s 10-point plan to dismantle the Deep State is as follows:
- reissue 2020 Executive Order restoring presidential authority to fire rogue bureaucrats
- clean out all corrupt government actors in national security and intelligence apparatus
- reform “corrupt” FISA courts
- expose hoaxes and abuses of power by establishing a Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- launch crackdown on government leakers who collude with fake news to weave “false narratives”
- make every Inspector General’s office independent from agencies they oversee
- ask Congress to establish independent auditing system of federal agencies
- diffuse concentration of government agencies from Washington, D.C. to other cities
- ban bureaucrats from taking jobs at companies they’re supposed to regulate
- push Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
Trump said earlier this year that he didn’t initially believe in a Deep State bureaucracy, but after witnessing all the hoaxes and manufactured crises by bureaucrats in the government over the last several years, he’s a “believer” now.
“There is a Deep State indeed,” Trump said. “I wasn’t a believer, but everybody’s a believer right now.”